- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Canadian Cheddar Recipe
|Carrots||2 , grated|
|Onion||1 , sliced thin|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped fine|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Consomme||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar||1⁄2 Pound|
|Hot milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 467 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95 mg
Sodium 1110.4 mg46.3%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 25 g50.5%
Vitamin A 135.2% Vitamin C 26.7%
Calcium 58.5% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a pan and melt butter in it.
2) Add celery, onion and carrots to it and brown them over medium heat.
3) Add the consommé and mix it well until it becomes creamy and smooth.
4) Alternatively, you can also add 4 cups of hot water and 4 cubes of concentrated chicken bouillon cubes.
5) Season with salt and pepper after removing from heat.
6) Serve the soup with a square of butter after stirring it for a few minutes.
7) Garnish with parsley or chervil before serving.