- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Of Broccoli Soup Recipe
|Chopped broccoli||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.9 mg
Sodium 518.7 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 15.6 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 35.2% Vitamin C 261.2%
Calcium 38.4% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter over a medium flame.
2. Add the chopped broccoli and sauté it till it is tender. Using a slotted spoon remove the broccoli into a bowl and keep aside.
3. In the same saucepan, melt the remaining butter.
4. When the butter starts to foam, stir in the spices and flour and sauté for 2 minutes.
5. Taking pan off the heat, gradually pour in the milk and stirring continuously, blend to a smooth consistency.
6. Return pan on the flame and bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
7. Reduce the flame and simmer the soup for 10 minutes, stirring often.
8. When the soup thickens, add the sautéed broccoli, stir and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring often.
9. Take the pan off the heat and empty the contents of the saucepan into a liquidizer or blender.
10. Blend the mixture to a smooth thick puree.
11. Return the puree to the saucepan and re-heat on a low flame. If the soup is very thick, adjust the consistency by adding a little water or milk so that it coats the back of the spoon like cream.
12. Ladle the hot soup into a deep dish soup plate or large soup bowls.
13. Serve with crusty bread.