- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Broccoli Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Vegetable stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Plain flour||2 Tablespoon, sifted|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper powder||To Taste|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 272 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.4%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 507.2 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 58.6% Vitamin C 142.4%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, and sauté the onion until translucent.
2) Stir in the broccoli until glossy.
3) Pour in the stock and allow to boil fro about 4 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
4) Remove from the heat and leave it to cool.
5) In a blender, place the broccoli mixture and process until pureed.
6) In a non-stick pan, melt the reserved butter over low heat.
7) Add the flour, and heat for 1minute, stirring continuously to prevent the flour from browning.
8) Pour in the milk and bring to a boil.
9) Simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
10) Add pureed broccoli and cook until heated through.
11) Serve hot garnished with cream.