- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Artichoke Soup Recipe Video
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoning blend||1 Pinch (Harvest Eating)|
|Artichoke hearts||8 Large, canned, rinsed|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs) (organic)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (organic)|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 79
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.6 mg
Sodium 627.4 mg26.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.5%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 12 g24.2%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 67.3%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 24.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Roughly slice the shallot and garlic cloves.
2) In a heavy pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic.
3) Sprinkle with seasoning, stir and cook for a few seconds.
4) Add the artichoke hearts, chicken broth and heavy cream. Stir the ingredients, cover and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
5) Puree the soup with a hand held blender. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
6) Ladle the soup into bowls, sprinkle with a little seasoning and serve hot.