- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream of Artichoke Soup Recipe
|Artichoke hearts||6 Ounce, marinated (1 Jar)|
|Garlic||3 Large (Or More)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned chicken broth||21 1⁄2 Ounce (Two 10 3/4 Ounce Each Cans)|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (Half And Half)|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.9%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 95.5 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 6 g12.1%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and drain marinade from artichoke hearts.
2. Use press to crush garlic cloves or mince them for adding into marinade.
3. Add onion into it and then cook for more 10 minutes over low heat, with lid on the saucepan.
4. Add flour in it.
5. Again, add slowly 1 can broth in the boiling marinade with constant stirring.
6. Boil the mix for 1 minute or until the mixture gets thick in density.
7. Now take a blender and add the artichoke hearts into it with certain quantity of hot mixture.
8. Blend the ingredients until the mix turns into a smooth textured one.
9. Strain the blend into the saucepan and add remaining portion of can of broth in 1:1 proportion.
10. Heat the soup up to a serving temperature but never makes it boil.
11. Serve the soup in soup bowl and add parsley for fresh flavor.