- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Horns Recipe
|Raspberry jam/Black currant jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||10 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners' sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg
Sodium 29.6 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.17 g0.67%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 0.91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Defrost the pastry if frozen.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 °F
3. On a flour dusted work table, roll out the flaky pastry into a 24-inch by 4inch strip.
4. Cut the pastry into 8 strips 24-inches by 1/2 –inch, using a dough cutter or pastry knife.
5. Wrap each strip around a tin cornet mold, keeping the glazed side of pastry facing out, starting from the tip and slightly overlapping the pastry while winding it to the base.
6. Arrange the cornet on a baking sheet, seam side down.
7. Bake on the top level of the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until the pastry is golden and puffed.
8. Remove from oven and let stand for 2-3 minutes then carefully and gently remove from mold, using a clean kitchen cloth to hot the pastry.
9. Arrange horns on a wire wrack to cool completel.
10. Spoon or pipe jam right to the tip of each horn
11. Pipe whipping cream, whipped until stiff, into each such that it fills the horn completely.
12. Generously dust the horns with confectioners' sugar using a dredger or a tea strainer.
13. Serve them with tea or coffee.