- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Filling Recipe
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Mixed candied fruit||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1674 Calories from Fat 562
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97%
Saturated Fat 32.5 g162.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1220.2 mg
Sodium 405.3 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 236.4 g
Protein 30 g59.5%
Vitamin A 50.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 66.8% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium saucepan, add in sugar and cornstarch. Slowly add in the milk.
2) Stir till the mixture smoothens. Add in the butter next.
3) Cook the mixture over medium flame. Stir the mixture till it has thickened and comes to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
4) Take the pan off the falem.
5) In a medium bowl, add in the egg yolks beating slightly. Slowly pour in a little of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolks.
6) Add the egg yolk mixture into the pan. Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly.
7) When the mixture just begins to boil, take the pan off the heat.
8) Add in the vanilla.
9) Strain the custard into the serving bowl immediately.
10) Cover and allow to chill.
11) Before serving, add in the mixed candied fruits into the cream filling. Give it a good stir and chill further.