- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Cheese Pastries Recipe
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), divided|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut up|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce (2 Packages, 0.25 Ounce Each)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (110° To 115°F)|
|Eggs||3 Small, divided|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce, softened|
|Vanilla||4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
Calories 1214 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g86.5%
Saturated Fat 29.9 g149.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 224.7 mg
Sodium 633 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g53.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 90.7 g
Protein 20 g39.2%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 0.64%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 29.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°.
2) In a large bowl, soften yeast in the warm water.
3) To prepare the filling, use a small bowl, to beat one egg, softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla until well combined. Set filling aside.
4) In a 1-quart saucepan, heat sour cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, butter or margarine, and salt just until warm (115° to 120°) and butter is almost melted, by constant stirring.
5) Add sour cream mixture, two of the eggs, and flour to the yeast mixture and beat well.
6) Cover with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
7) Divide dough into 3 parts.
8) On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle.
9) Use 1/3 of filling to place on each rectangle of dough.
10) Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, from a long side. Seal the seams and ends by pinching.
11) Use greased baking sheets to place the pastries, seam sides down.
12) With kitchen shears, make 1/2-shaped snips at 2-inch intervals in the top of each pastry.
13) Cover the pastries and allow rising in a warm place for 1 hour or until double.
14) Place inside oven to bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden.
15) To prepare the cinnamon glaze, use a small bowl to combine powdered sugar, milk, brown sugar, remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla, and cinnamon.
16) Use this glaze to pour over pastries.
17) Sprinkle with toasted almonds before serving warm.