- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Cheese Loaf With Chives Recipe
|Fresh yeast||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Warm water||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Malt extract||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Whole wheat flour||19 Ounce, sifted (475 Gram, Use 3 Ounce / 75 Gram To Flour Board)|
|Onion salt||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Finely chopped fresh chives||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Milk||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Oil||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon, To Grease Tin)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.7 mg
Sodium 581.1 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g45.8%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 21.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into the warm water stir yeast until dissolved.
2. Put in the malt extract and stir well to blend thoroughly.
3. Let it rest in a warm place for 15—20 minutes until frothy.
4. Combine the flour, onion salt, chives, cream cheese and milk together.
5. Using a fork beat until well blended, creamy and smooth.
6. Gradually pour in the yeast mixture and mix with a fork to form a soft dough.
7. On to a floured board place and knead for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
8. In the bowl replace and cover with a damp cloth.
9. Let it rest in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
10. Oil a 900 g (2 lb) loaf tin.
11. On to the floured board flip the dough and knead again for a few minutes.
12. Place in the prepared tin after shaping the dough.
13. Cover with a damp cloth and leave in a warm place until the dough has risen to the top of the tin which takes 35—40 minutes.
14. Let the oven heat to 400°F (200°C/Gas 6).
15. Let the loaf bake for 10 minutes.
16. Thereafter, lower the heat to 350°F (180°C/Gas 4) and let it bake for a further 35-40 minutes until the loaf is lightly browned on top and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
17. On to a wire rack turn out to cool.