- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cream Cheese Dainties Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Crisp rice cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Candied cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Red And Green, As Needed)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.9 mg
Sodium 227.1 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 33.6 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix together butter or margarine, cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until light.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and mix it with butter mixture. Stir until just combined.
3) Chill this mixture for 1 to 2 hours. And then, make balls and roll them into rice cereal.
4) Place the balls on ungreased cookie sheet and top it with a cherry.
5) Bake the cream cheese dainties at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
6) Cool them and serve with tea on Christmas.