- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Italian Cream Cake Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||5 , seperated|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||16 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
Calories 790 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.5%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.1 mg
Sodium 321.9 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 72.3 g
Protein 10 g19.4%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 0.22%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a stand mixer bowl, put butter and sugar together and blend well until combined.
3. Add in vanilla and mix well.
4. In two bowls separate egg whites and egg yolks, and set the egg whites aside.
5. Add egg yolks to the butter mixture 1 at a time and beat well after each addition.
6. In a small bowl, mix together flour with the baking soda.
7. Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture alternating it with buttermilk or sour milk and beat well after each addition and scrape the sides of bowl.
8. Put in the coconut and mix well.
9. In another mixer bowl, put the egg whites and fix it in a standing mixer.
10. Beat the egg white using wire whisk attachment until it forms soft peak.
11. Add the egg white to the butter mixture and fold it lightly.
12. In a 9 inch and a 8 inch pan baking pan, pour the batter putting little more batter in 9 inch pan and spread it.
13. Bake the cake in oven for 25 minutes or until light brown in colour.
14. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
15. In a mixer bowl, put all the ingredients for frosting and beat well with paddle attachment, scrap the side once while beating.
16. Remove cake from mould and spread frosting over the cake.
17. Cut the cake and serve as desired.