- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crayfish Cocktail Recipe Video
|Crayfish||1 Kilogram, cooked|
|Romaine lettuce||8 Ounce, washed and finely shredded|
|Mayonnaise/Creme fraiche||150 Milliliter|
|Tomato chutney||5 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Horseradish||2 Teaspoon, creamed|
|Tabasco sauce||2 Dash (or to taste)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper/Paprika||1 Teaspoon (to dust)|
|Salt||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2117 Calories from Fat 1161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.7%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1247.3 mg
Sodium 7902.9 mg329.3%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.2%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 164 g327.5%
Vitamin A 463.3% Vitamin C 142.8%
Calcium 40% Iron 74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the crayfish. Remove the tail meat from the shell and claws for garnish.
2) Season the seafood with pepper.
3) In 4 large long-stemmed wine glasses, put the lettuce.
4) Arrange the crayfish on top of the lettuce.
5) Mix the chutney, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish and Tabasco sauce together.
6) Add lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper.
7) Spoon the mixture sparingly over the prawns and dust with some paprika or cayenne pepper.
8) Serve the crayfish cocktail while it is still fresh and crunchy. Makes an excellent appetizer.