- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crawfish Etouffee - A Louisiana Classic Recipe Video
|Crawfish tails||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tomaotes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , finely chopped|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Stock||8 Cup (128 tbs), fish, crawfish or chicken|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 192.1 mg
Sodium 619.4 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 28 g56.9%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 54.4%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heated pan, melt butter, add chopped vegetables, tomatoes, garlic and bay leaves, saute for 5 minutes on medium high heat.
2. Add flour and nicely combine.
3. Add crawfish meat and tomato paste, stir constantly to combine for about 5 minutes.
4. Add about 5 cups of the stock, adding 1 cup at a time, stirring after every addition.
5. When it comes to a boil, add salt and cook for about 30 minutes on low heat. Stir constantly, add more stock, if required. Add pepper and cayenne pepper.
6. Add sherry, parsley and green onion, cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
7. Serve hot with rice and tobasco sauce.