- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crawfish Etouffee - Puerto Rican style Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sweet onions||1 Large, chopped to chunks|
|Turkey chorizo||2 Ounce, chopped to small pieces|
|Recaito cilantro cooking base||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Cajun seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (of choice (FOR SERVING))|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.8 mg
Sodium 1445.5 mg60.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the sweet onion to large chunks.
2. Mince the garlic cloves.
3. Cut the chorizo into small pieces.
4. In a pan heat olive oil on medium heat.
5. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook till translucent.
6. Add the chorizo pieces and continue cooking till the chorizo softens and crumbles.
7. Put the cooking base into it and stir.
8. Put the garlic and stir. Turn the heat to medium low and simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Pour the tomato sauce, Sazon, Cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper and the crawfish and stir to combine.
10. Cover and cook for 5 minutes till the crawfish is heated.
11. In a serving plate, take the cooked rice in a bowl and turn it over. Tap the top of the bowl. Remove the bowl to get a dome of rice.
12. Spoon the crawfish around the rice and serve hot.