- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Crawfish Bisque Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cajun trinity||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Green peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh parsley/Parsley flakes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh crawfish tails||2 Pound|
|Tony's creole seasoning||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce/Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 884 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.6%
Saturated Fat 20.9 g104.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 490.2 mg
Sodium 684.1 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 10.4 g
Protein 58 g115.4%
Vitamin A 386.3% Vitamin C 66.2%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 19%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large 6 quart pot saute’ Cajun Trinity in the canola oil and keep aside.
2. Preheat the microwave at 350 degrees.
3. Also prepare a baking sheet by spraying Canola oil.
4. Make 1 cup rice according to package directions.
5. In a food processor drop in the onions, green peppers, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs, Crawfish tails. Sprinkle in some Tony's seasoning and put the top on.
Blend all the contents well and transfer the contents to a bowl.
6. Now stuff the crawfish body with this mixture. Any leftover mixture can be rolled out into balls.
7. Next put these onto the baking tray and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
8. For the Roux: In a flat bottom stainless steel skillet or cast iron skillet melt the butter and gradually add in flour and continue to stir with a flat edged spatula until dark brown color. You can also use 1 cup of Canola oil instead of the butter.
9. Transfer Roux to the Cajun Trinity pot. Stir well.
10. Next add chicken stock and bring it to a boil. Keep boiling for 45 minutes. Keep on stiring to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
11. Once it beging to thicken, add in the tomato sauce, minced garlic, seasoning and one pound of crawfish tails.
12. Bring to a boil. Stir occasionally and simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
13. Add the stuffed crawfish and/or crawfish balls and simmer another 5-10 minutes.
14. Serve Crawfish Bisque over rice and garnish with chopped green onions and chopped parsley.
Instead of the chicken stock, we can also use vegetable stock, or stock made by boiling some crawfish or shrimps.