- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberryy Pork Roast Recipe
|Boneless rolled pork loin roast||3 Pound|
|Canned jellied cranberry sauce||16 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.08%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 845.6 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.7%
Sugars 39.8 g
Protein 33 g66.3%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 0.95%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a well greased slow cooker, strategically place the pork roast.
2) In a bowl, mix cranberry sauce, sugar, cranberry juice, mustard, and cloves. Pour it over the slow cooker.
3) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or till the meat is tender.
4) Take the roast away from the broth and keep aside warm.
5) Using a spoon, skim away fat from the juices. Make 2 cups by adding water if necessary.
6) Heat a saucepan and pour in juices. Over medium heat, bring to a boil.
7) In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water to make a paste. Pour it into gravy.
8) Stir until it thickens and add salt to taste.
9) Serve hot over with sliced pork.