- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Walnut Muffins Recipe Video
|Sour milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or buttermilk)|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and grated (equivalent of 1 medium sized apple)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (packed)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or 1/4 cup of melted butter)|
|Eggs||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Lemon rind||1 Medium, grated|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 141 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.8%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.8 mg
Sodium 122.4 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line 2 muffin pans with muffin papers. Keep aside.
3. In a large bowl, pour in the soured milk, rolled oats and stir to combine. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. In another bowl, add in the grated apple, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg and lemon rind. Stir well to combine.
5. Stir this apple mixture into the oat mixture.
6. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix lightly and stir this into the oatmeal batter, just until combined.
7. Gently stir in the dried cranberries, sugar, chopped walnuts and mix well.
8. Take the lined muffin tray and spoon this oatmeal-cranberry mixture into it and bake it in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.
9. Let them sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove them from the muffin pan onto the racks and let them cool off completely.
10. Serve the cranberry walnut muffins with tea or coffee for breakfast.