- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Upside-Down Cake With Cognac Cream Recipe
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), toasted|
|Fresh cranberries||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, softened|
|Egg yolks||2 Large|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat free milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg whites||2 Large|
|Fat free frozen whipped topping||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2754 Calories from Fat 705
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 501.5 mg
Sodium 1055.2 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 468 g156%
Dietary Fiber 22.9 g91.6%
Sugars 306.2 g
Protein 37 g73.7%
Vitamin A 43.2% Vitamin C 77.9%
Calcium 92% Iron 66.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour melted butter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray,- sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake at 350° for 2 minutes. Remove from oven,- top with pecans and cranberries.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups,-level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt,- stir with whisk.
4. Place granulated sugar and softened butter in a large bowl,- beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture,-mix after each addition. Beat egg whites with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form using clean, dry beaters,- fold into batter.
6. Spread batter over cranberries. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool in pan 5 minutes on a wire rack. Loosen edges of cake with a sharp knife. Place a plate upside down on top of cake pan,- invert onto plate.
7. Combine whipped topping and cognac,- serve with warm cake.