- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Topped Cake Recipe
|Canned jellied cranberry sauce||16 Ounce|
|Canned candied jellied cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (2/3 Cup Or 1 Can)|
|Walnut/Pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon, grated (Topping)|
|Lemon extract/Grated lemon||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 514 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.1 mg
Sodium 405.4 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 69.9 g
Protein 6 g13%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
2) Generously grease 9-inch square pan with shortening; lightly flour.
3) In a medium bowl, combine all the topping ingredeints and mix well. Set them aside.
4) In small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
5) In large bowl, with electric mixer beat 1 cup sugar and the butter on medium speed until well blended.
6) Add lemon extract and eggs; beat well.
7) Alternately add flour mixture and milk to butter mixture, beating until well combined.
8) Pour the batter into pan.
9) Drop topping by teaspoonfuls evenly onto batter ans spread evenly.
10) Bake 42 to 47 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
11) Let it cool for 30 minutes.
12) Serve the cake either warm or cool.