- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry, Sage and Chestnut Stuffing Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery stalk||4 Large, chopped|
|Gefen roasted chestnuts||3 Ounce, halved|
|Dried cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh sage/3 teaspoons dried||4 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley/1 teaspoon dried||2 Tablespoon|
|Water challah||8 Cup (128 tbs), cubed|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.2 mg17.4%
Sodium 1063.2 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 128 g42.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 22 g43.6%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 19% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Lightly grease a 2.75-quart baking dish and set aside.
3. In a large dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
4. Sauté onion and celery for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add chestnuts, cranberries, sage and parsley and cook 2 minutes more.
6. Stir in challah, chicken stock, salt and pepper and remove from heat.
7. Transfer stuffing to greased baking dish and cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes.
8. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes more or until lightly browned.
9. Use the stuffing for Thanksgiving Turkey or just about anything.