- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Pudding Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream/Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 561 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.1%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.7 mg
Sodium 671.8 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 35.6 g
Protein 6 g12.3%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Mix the salt and flour together.
2) In boiling water, dissolve the soda and add it to the flour and salt.
3) Add the molasses and stir well. Blend the ingredients together properly.
4) Fold in the nuts and cranberries.
5) Into a well greased and floured bread or cake pan, pour the mixture. Ensure that you pick a pan which will easily sit in your cooker. Use a greased tin foil to cover the pan.
6) Into the cooker, pour ½ cup water and place the foil-covered pan in it. Cover the cooker and steam on high heat for 3 to 4 hours, till the pudding is done and clears the wooden pick test.
7) Take out the pan and uncover it. Allow to stand for about 5 minutes and then unmold.
8) To prepare the butter sauce, mix all the ingredients together in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring well, till the sugar has completely dissolved.
9) Serve after pouring the warm butter sauce over warm cranberry pudding.