- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Pecan Bread Recipe
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely ground|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4957 Calories from Fat 2269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 264 g406.2%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g227.9%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg148.5%
Sodium 2990.7 mg124.6%
Total Carbohydrates 603 g201.1%
Dietary Fiber 37.5 g150.2%
Sugars 278.3 g
Protein 77 g154.6%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 61.6%
Calcium 218.9% Iron 152%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix cranberries and 1/4 cup of the sugar in a small bowl; let stand while preparing batter.
3. Sift flour, remaining 1 cup sugar,baking powder and salt into a large bowl; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles cornmeal. Stir in the .remaining pecans and lemon rind.
4. Beat eggs well in a small bowl; stir in milk. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moist; stir in sugared cranberries. Spoon into prepared pan; spread top even.
5. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Loosen around edge and center with knife; turn out onto rack. Cool completely.
6. Wrap loaf in waxed paper, foil or plastic wrap. Store overnight to mellow flavors and make slicing easier.