- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Orange Shortbread: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Our||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Dried cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped finely|
|Zest of orange||1 Large (or 2 small oranges)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4743 Calories from Fat 1662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g291.4%
Saturated Fat 117.1 g585.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 486.8 mg
Sodium 1018.8 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 691 g230.4%
Dietary Fiber 22.8 g91.2%
Sugars 225.5 g
Protein 65 g130.3%
Vitamin A 119.2% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 156%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and ﬂuffy.
2. Add milk, vanilla & orange zest. Beat until just combined. Turn mixer off and add ﬂour, salt and cranberries. Mix again, until just combined.
3. On 2 pieces of plastic wrap, divide the dough into 2 equal pieces and shape into logs.
4. Wrap logs up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
6. Using a sharp knife, slice cookies into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
7. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets and bake until edges are golden, about 14 minutes.
8. Remove parchment from baking sheet and let cookies cool on rack.
9. Serve with your favorite beverages and enjoy!