- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Orange Nut Loaf Recipe Video
|For the dry ingredients|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 Large (to make 3/4 cup)|
|For the wet ingredients|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1 Large, grated|
|Cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.6%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.6 mg13.9%
Sodium 291.5 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 19.3%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Keep aside
3. In an electric mixer bowl, cream the butter. Add sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
4. Stir in the egg and beat the mixture until well combined. Add orange juice and beat the batter until just combined.
5. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, orange rind and cranberries. Stir until well combined.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and beat the mixture until well combined.
7. Take the greased loaf pan, pour the batter into it and spread it evenly, and smooth out the top.
8. Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
9. Once done, remove the pan from the oven and let the loaf sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and let the loaf cool it completely on a rack.
9. Cut the loaf into desired slices and serve with tea or coffee.