- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe Video
|Cooking spray||2 Dash|
|Pecan halves||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shells removed|
|Cranberries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 71
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.4 mg31.5%
Sodium 162.2 mg6.8%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.8%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 6 g11.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a food processor jar, insert a metal blade and pulse to coarsely chop the pecan halves. Followed by the cranberries and continue to pulse. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl add in the butter and beat with stand mixer. While continuously mixing add in the sugar, orange zest, eggs and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture in 3 batches. Simultaneously pour in the buttermilk in two batches.
6. Fold in the cranberry and pecan mixture into the batter. Transfer the batter to a prepared pan.
7. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55-60 minutes.
8. Slice the bread and serve with tea or coffee.
For best result wrap the bread into a saran wrap and let it rest for 24 hours before slicing.