- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Fresh cranberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2235 Calories from Fat 532
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94.4%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1735.4 mg72.3%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.8%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g74.1%
Sugars 174.1 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 15.7% Vitamin C 226.3%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 80.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 2 1/2 - inch loaf pan using the cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) In another bowl, using a blender combine orange juice, oil and egg.
4) Pour the blended juice mixture into the dry mix. Mix well to incorporate.
5) Gently fold in the cranberries, walnuts and orange peel, one by one, into the batter.
6) Pour the bread batter into the loaf pan.
7) Bake for about 75 minutes. If a knife tip inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean, the bread is baked.
8) Allow the bread to cool down for about 10 minutes before slicing.
9) Serve the Cranberry Nut Bread with a dollop of warm butter on top.