- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained (Use Ocean Spray Brand)|
|Shortening||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 1470 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38.2%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 105.7 mg
Sodium 1965.1 mg81.9%
Total Carbohydrates 221 g73.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.5%
Sugars 102.5 g
Protein 26 g51.7%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 65% Iron 51.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, soda and cinnamon.
3) Add walnuts to the flour mixture.
4) In a mixing bowl, combine egg, add cranberry sauce and shortening.
5) Add all the dry ingredients; stir until well blended.
6) Place into a greased 9 x 5 x 3" loaf pan.
7) Bake in the oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until inserted with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
8) Cool on rack.
9) Serve cold.