- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Flavor Cranberry Muffin with Walnuts Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried cranberry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon (use 1 orange)|
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 0.87 g4.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.5 mg
Sodium 233.6 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liner.
3) Into a large bowl, add flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4) Using a spatula, mix ingredients so that there are no lumps in the brown sugar.
5) Add cranberries and walnuts and toss together.
6) Add canola oil, buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and zest of one orange.
7) Mix together till all ingredients are well combined.
8) Using a medium size cookie scoop, put one scoop of batter in each cup.
9) After all 12 cups are filled, divide leftover batter equally till cups are filled ¾ of the way up.
10) Bake in oven for 18 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
11) Transfer from pan to cooling rack and allow to cool.
12) Serve with a glass of warm or chilled milk.