- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Igloo Recipe
|Canned crushed pineapple||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cherry flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange||1 , peeled and quartered|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
Calories 418 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 31.9 mg10.6%
Sodium 215.5 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 52.8 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 12.2% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain pineapple from the can and reserve syrup.
2) Add enough water to the syrup to equal 2 cups.
3) In a saucepan, combine gelatine, sugar and the syrup.
4) Heat, until gelatine and sugar are dissolved, stirring frequently.
5) To this, add lemon juice.
6) Chill the mix until partially set.
7) In a bowl, mix cranberries, celery, orange and walnuts.
8) Fold into the partially set gelatine mixture.
9) Then, pour into an appropriate mould, rinsed with cold water.
10) Chill the mix until firm and unmould carefully.
11) Blend the softened cream cheese and milk until smooth.
12) With a pastry bag, decorate the gelatine mould with the cheese-milk mix to look like an igloo.
13) Serve cold as a dessert or snack.