- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Crumble Squares Recipe
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), softened|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4025 Calories from Fat 1785
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g315%
Saturated Fat 105.1 g525.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.4 mg
Sodium 155.3 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 525 g175%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.7%
Sugars 267.8 g
Protein 43 g85.2%
Vitamin A 100.4% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 74.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a bowl in it combine butter,sugar and vanilla and whisk all together until fluffy.
2) Mix flour,almonds,cinnamon to the mixture and thoroughly mix to make a loose crumbly dough.
3)Preheat the oven to the desired temperature.
3) Take a foil-lined 9-inch (3 L) baking dish and place the dough gently into it.
4) Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven for 25 minutes or until set and golden on the top.
5) Allow to slightly cool.
6) To prepare the topping: In a bowl, combine together flour, sugar and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
7) With the help of a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly mixture forms.
8) Stir nuts in the above mixture and set aside.
9)To prepare the filling: Combine cranberry sauce with orange rind and give a good stir and spread evenly over baked base.
10) Sprinkle the above layer evenly with topping.
11) Bake for about 25 minutes or until topping is golden and allow to cool completely.
12) Cut into shapes of squares and these can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 day.
13) Now,practically perfect cookies are ready.If you wish,drizzle a bit of icing on top before serving them.