- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Cream Pie Recipe
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (Use 1 Envelope)|
|Commercial eggnog||450 Milliliter (Use 1 Carton)|
|Whipping cream||125 Milliliter, whipped|
|Baked 9 inch pie shell||1 (Prebaked)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2802 Calories from Fat 1208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g207.7%
Saturated Fat 71.2 g355.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 444 mg
Sodium 1252.3 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 347 g115.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.9%
Sugars 174 g
Protein 31 g62.1%
Vitamin A 17.1% Vitamin C 60.1%
Calcium 70.5% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch, cranberries and five teaspoons of water. Cook for about 5 minutes on medium flame or until the cranberries start popping.
2) Allow the mixture to cool down to room temperature before pouring into a pre-baked pie shell.
3) In a small glass bowl, add gelatin into 10 teaspoons of water and set aside for 5 minutes. Place the bowl over a larger container filled with hot water. Stir continuosly till the gelatin dissolves.
4) Add the gelatin into another bowl containing a mixture of eggnog, nutmeg and rum. Place the bowl in the refrigerator until chilled and slightly thickened.
5) Fold in the whipped cream gently into the eggnog mixture and place back in the fridge till chilled.
6) Pour the chilled eggnog mix into the pie shell, over the raspberries.
7) Place the Cranberry Cream Pie in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
8) Garnish the Cranberry Cream Pie with whipped cream topped with whole cranberries.
Never freeze the Cranberry Cream Pie, only chill.