- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Carrot Cake Recipe
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Cranberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2997 Calories from Fat 1413
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 160 g245.9%
Saturated Fat 23.2 g115.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 2966.6 mg123.6%
Total Carbohydrates 374 g124.7%
Dietary Fiber 15.6 g62.3%
Sugars 212.6 g
Protein 34 g67.6%
Vitamin A 438.9% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 53.1% Iron 66.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl, combine together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) Add the carrots and cranberries.
4) In a different bowl, blend together the oil and eggs and beat well.
5) Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and beat till well mixed.
6) On a greased 2 liter cake pan, spread the concoction.
7) Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, till the cake is done.
8) Serve as preferred. Ice with an icing which is lemon flavored.