- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Barley Tonic Recipe
|Barley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs), purified|
|Cranberry juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.36 g0.55%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.31%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.5 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 30.4 g
Protein 3 g5.2%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 78.7%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large saucepan add barley and water.
2) Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
3) Take off from heat and let stand for sometime to cool.
4) Pass barley through a fine sieve and strain the mixture. Reserve the liquid.
5) Add cranberry juice to the barley water.
6) Pour into eight 8-ounce glasses.
7) Garnish with 3 raspberries in each glass.