- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Applesauce Recipe
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon, squeezed|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Apples||2 , peeled, cored and chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.69 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.5%
Sugars 60 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 45.7%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, blend the cornstarch in water until dissolved.
2) In a medium saucepan, pour the mixture, then stir in the cranberries, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon.
3) Stir in the apples, then stir continuously and bring to a boil.
4) Simmer over a low heat, stirring frequently for about 15 minutes, until the cranberries break and the mixture thickens.
5) Lastly stir in the vanilla extract.
6) Use the Cranberry Applesauce as required.