- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Apple Jelly Recipe
|Green cooking apples||9 Medium|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cranberry juice cocktail||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon stick||3 1⁄2 Inch|
|Whole allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Powdered fruit pectin||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Sugar||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5065 Calories from Fat 8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.99 g1.5%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.84%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 164.5 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 1301 g433.5%
Dietary Fiber 52.3 g209.4%
Sugars 1183.6 g
Protein 0.78 g1.6%
Vitamin A 22.7% Vitamin C 987.8%
Calcium 78% Iron 16.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Line colander or very large strainer with about 4 layers damp cheesecloth. Over large bowl, pour apple mixture into colander; let stand until 3 1/2 cups apple juice drains into bowl (this will take about 3 hours). Amount of juice from apples may vary; add enough cranberry juice to apple juice to make 3 1/2 cups. Do not squeeze apple mixture in cheesecloth, or jelly may be cloudy. Set aside.
3. Prepare glasses and lids, and melt paraffin
4. Break cinnamon stick into small pieces. Tie cinnamon stick and allspice in double thickness of cheesecloth.
5. In 8-quart Dutch oven or heavy saucepot, place spice bag; add lemon juice, fruit pectin, apple juice, and 2 cups cranberry juice; over high heat, heat mixture to boiling, stirring frequently immediately stir in sugar. Stirring constantly, heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil; boil 1 minute. Discard spice bag. Remove Dutch oven from heat. With spoon, skim off foam.
6. Immediately ladle jelly into glasses to 1/2 inch from top and seal with paraffin . When cool, cover glasses with lids.