- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rosalie Firoino's Cranberry / Cherry Trifle Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|Cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Egg whites||4 Medium|
|For the filling|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cherry preserve||36 Ounce|
|Maraschinos cherry juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the frosting|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanillas extract||1 Teaspoon|
|White chocolate bar||6 Ounce|
Calories 1324 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.6%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.2 mg
Sodium 595.1 mg24.8%
Total Carbohydrates 250 g83.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 214.4 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 119.7%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedTrifle Bowl
1. Prepare a baking dish spray it with cooking spray and dust it with flour.
2. Preheat the oven at 350 degree
3. In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, water, egg whites and oil, mix it well and pour the batter in the baking dish and bake it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Start on the filling, in a large pot put the cranberries, water and sugar bring it to a boil and cook for 6-8 minutes or until the cranberries become soft.
5. Remove form heat and let it cool for sometime then add the cherry preserve, maraschinos cherry juice and almond extract and mix well.
6. In a small saucepan melt the white chocolate bar along with the cream.
7. In stand mixer bowl combine butter, crème cheese, powdered sugar, blend them together to get a smooth texture.
8. Add the melted chocolate mixture to the cream cheese frosting along with the vanilla extract and blend.
9. In a large trifle bowl start assembling the trifle, the bottom layer should be of crumbled cake then spread the second layer of frosting followed by 1 ½ cup of cranberry filling, spread evenly.
10. Repeat the same procedure until all ingredients are over; ensure the top most layers should be dollops of frosting on the side and chocolate shavings on top.
11. Serve the delicious cranberries and cherry trifle after a hearty Christmas dinner.