- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cranberry Apple Plate Pie Recipe
|Sliced apples||1 1⁄2 Pound, frozen|
|Frozen cranberries||1⁄2 Pound|
|Shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce (Made With 8 Ounce Flour Etc)|
|Milk||2 Tablespoon (For Glaze)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon (For Glaze)|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.5 mg
Sodium 3.2 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 0.78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Take a saucepan and combine, apples, cranberries, sugar and water. Cook until the fruits are soft, but not mushy.
3) Remove the pan from heat and allow the mixture to cool.
4) In the meantime, take a 10 inch plate. On a slightly floured board, roll out half the pastry and line the pie plate with it.
5) Now, spread the fruit mixture over the pastry. Don't, place the mixture on the rim.
6) Coat the pie plate rim with milk.
7) Again, roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie plate from the top. Press the rims of both the pastry together.
8) Make 2 slits in the top pastry cover to allow the steam to escape during baking. Evenly coat the pastry with milk and dredge with icing sugar
9) Place the pastry in the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes, until the pastry is slightly tanned.
10) Slice and serve warm with whipped cream.