- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ginataang Alimasag Recipe Video
|Blue crabs||3 Pound|
|Shrimp paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, mince|
|Onion||1 Medium, mince|
|Ginger peice||1 Small, strips|
|Cooking oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Coconut milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Thai chili||6 Small|
Calories 1045 Calories from Fat 662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.1%
Saturated Fat 57.4 g287.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.3 mg
Sodium 2186 mg91.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 69 g138.1%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 48.4%
Calcium 38.8% Iron 43.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedThai chili
1. In a large pot saute onion, garlic and ginger with cooking oil.
2. Add the ground pepper, coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the shrimps paste and fish sauce, stir well, simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the coconut milk thickens and the oil is visible on the surface.
4. Add thai chilies and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the crab and evenly coat them with the coconut milk.
6. Simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Add spinach and simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat.
8. Serve with steamed rice
If crabs were steamed prior to cooking, 5 to 8 minutes is enough cooking time.