- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crabmeat Quiche Recipe
|Crabmeat||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Chopped celery||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|9 inch pie pastry||1 (Unbaked, Single Crust)|
|Eggs||4 , lightly beaten|
|Cream/1 cup each milk and cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2348 Calories from Fat 420
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.1%
Saturated Fat 25.2 g126.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1082.1 mg
Sodium 3769.4 mg157.1%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 171.9 g
Protein 81 g161.1%
Vitamin A 87.8% Vitamin C 142%
Calcium 136.2% Iron 35.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard the shells and cartilage from the crabmeat, then combine with the onion, parsely, celery and sherry and allow to chill for 1 hour.
2) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
3) In a 9 inch pie plate, line the pastry and bake for 5 minutes.
4) Evenly spread the crabmeat mixture inside the partially baked pastry shell.
5) Mix the cream, nutmeg, eggs, salt and pepper, then strain the mixture over the crabmeat mixture.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
7) Lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for further 10 minutes.
8) Slice and serve in a nice plate.