- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crabmeat Broccoli Casserole Recipe
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hard cooked eggs||7 , finely chopped|
|Fresh crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Minced fresh parsley||4 Teaspoon (1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon)|
|Frozen broccoli||20 Ounce (2 packages, 10 ounce each)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 315
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.8%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 311.3 mg
Sodium 938.6 mg39.1%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.4%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C 134.8%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the bread crust. Keep the crust aside for later use.
2. Make 1/2 inch cubes from bread.
3. In another bowl add mayonnaise, milk, bread cubes. Stir the ingredients well.
4. Cover the bowl and cool it for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the mixture from refrigerator. Add parsley, crabmeat, eggs and onion.
6. Cook broccoli as per instructions in the package. Drain the excess water well.
7. In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking sprinkle cooking oil to grease. Arrange the broccoli well.
8. Spoon the crabmeat mixture on the broccoli.
9. Bake for 40 minutes keeping the dish uncovered.
10. Sprinkle cheese. Bake 5 minutes more till cheese melts.
11. Serve broccoli casserole with additional cheese.