- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Style Crab Cakes Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cajun trinity||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped (onion, celery, green peppers)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Tony's creole seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creole mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh white crabmeat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canola oil||250 Milliliter|
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 838
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.8%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 83.4 mg
Sodium 549.1 mg22.9%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 15 g30.1%
Vitamin A 272% Vitamin C 15.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, saute the Cajun Trinity and garlic in butter and olive oil until well done.
2. Add Italian seasoning and Tony’s and mix well.
3. Next stir in 1 cup bread crumbs and mix it up well.
4. To a mixing bowl transfer the contents and add mayo and creole mustard. Mix well.
5. Fold in crabmeat, blending well. Add more mayo if too dry. The mixture should be sticky enough to form patties.
6. Divide the mixture evenly to form 4-5 patties like a hamburger patty. Place on a platter and chill at least 30 minutes to an hour.
7. In a small bowl make an egg wash by whisking the egg and the milk.
8. In another bowl, pour in 1 cup bread crumbs.
9. Then, in a deep skillet, pour in canola oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Heat on medium heat.
10.Take the crab patties out of the refrigerator. Dip each patty through the egg wash then dip through the bread crumbs coating the outside of the patty completely.
Place on a clean platter.
11.Once the oil is properly heated, carefully place the patties in the skillet and fry for 2-3 minutes. Flip each Crab Cake over and fry another 2-3 minutes. Each side should be golden brown.
12.Remove Crab Cakes to several layers of paper towels to remove excess oil. These can be served in a bun or a Po-Boy sandwich or simply as an appetizer.
Instead of frying you can also bake them at 375 degrees F for 20-25 min.