- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Tart Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3117 Calories from Fat 1657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.4%
Saturated Fat 96.1 g480.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1653.5 mg551.2%
Sodium 4393.6 mg183.1%
Total Carbohydrates 206 g68.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 140 g280.5%
Vitamin A 102% Vitamin C 173%
Calcium 98.2% Iron 84.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F.
2. For preparing the pastry – sift salt, cayenne pepper and flour in a mixing bowl.
3. Rub it with pieces of butter and lard until the mixture turns crumbly.
4. Fold in the cheese, blend egg yolk with little cold water and pastry.
5. Keep it aside for about half an hour.
6. Spread the pastry dough on the lightly floured surface and line it to a flan ring of 9 inches diameter.
7. Prick the bottom of the pastry using the fork and bake it in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until it turns golden.
8. Add the crabmeat into the bowl and crumble it nicely.
9. In separate bowl whisk the eggs with Worcestershire juice and lemon juice and blend it with the crabmeat by stirring.
10. Fold in the cream.
11. Sprinkle the salt for the taste and spread it over the pastry-crust lining.
12. Bake for about 25-30 minutes at 375°F.
13. Serve it immediately or after cooling.