- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Squash Blossoms Stuffed With Crab And Goat Cheese Recipe Video
|Squash blossoms||9 Medium, washed (Both male and female blossoms)|
|Crab meat/Lobster or shrimp||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ricotta cheese||3 Ounce|
|Goat cheese||3 Ounce|
|Pistachio||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted and roughly chopped|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Tarragon powder/Chives or cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dried lemon||1 Tablespoon, ground|
|Lemon zest||To Taste|
|Lemon rind||To Taste|
|Ice cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For frying)|
Calories 1791 Calories from Fat 1340
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 152 g234.6%
Saturated Fat 31.5 g157.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 159.4 mg
Sodium 518.9 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 46 g92.8%
Vitamin A 30.6% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 44.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl add ricotta and goat’s cheese and spices and mix well. Lemon zest and lemon juice come next. Mix well.
2) Add crab meat and pistachios and mix well.
3) Using a piping bag stuff the squash blossoms with the mixture depending on the size of the blossoms and pack the petals to a close.
4) Heat oil in a frying pan at 375 degrees. As the oil is heating for the tempura batter in a bowl sift flour and crack an egg and slowly add in some ice cold water and whip batter will smooth. Make sure there are no lumps.
5) Dip the blossoms in the batter and fry till golden brown.
6) Serve with lemon quarters and cilantro for added flavor.