- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
|Firm mushrooms||2 Dozen|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions||2 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Cayenne pepper/Red pepper||1 Dash|
|Prepared english mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Bon appetit||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crab meat||1 Pound|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1133 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.1%
Saturated Fat 18.2 g91%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.6 mg22.9%
Sodium 852.5 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.8%
Sugars 31.3 g
Protein 95 g189.1%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 76.9%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems.
3) In salted boiling water, cook the caps for about 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Drain the mushroom caps.
5) Slice the tender part of stems thinly and sautÃ© in butter along with the minced onion. Ensure that the contents are not browned.
6) Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
7) Cook the mixture over low heat for about 5 minutes.
8) With the mixture, pile the mushroom caps. If preferred, the tops may be brushed with a mixture of mayonnaise and cream. Use about 2 tablespoons for each mushroom cap.
9) In a buttered baking dish, place the stuffed mushroom caps and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or till the tops are light brown in color.
10) Serve the Crab Stuffed Mushrooms as a side dish while still hot. Place on a decorative serving platter and serve.