- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Stuffed Jalapeños Recipe Video
|Jalapeno pepper||6 Large (5-6, fresh)|
|Crab meat||120 Gram (1 can)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.8%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 126 mg42%
Sodium 287.4 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 13 g26.3%
Vitamin A 31.7% Vitamin C 54.3%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise. Leave stems intact.
2. Using a small knife, scrape out seeds and membranes. Set it aside.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degree F or 190 degree C.
4. In a small bowl, add crab meat, sour cream, mayonnaise, egg yolk, mustard, green onions, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well.
5. Drop half of the bread crumbs into the bowl, and mix to combine.
6. Fill jalapeno equally with crab meat mixture.
7. For topping, in a small bowl, combine remaining bread crumbs, parsley and butter. Mix well.
8. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture on top of filling, and place jalapenos on rimmed baking sheet.
9. Place the tray in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until topping is golden and crisp.
10. Serve crab-stuffed jalapenos hot.