- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Stew Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Crab meat||4 Cup (64 tbs), shredded|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 11 g55%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.6 mg
Sodium 664.5 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 69.7%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, melt butter over a medium–low flame
2. Add the flour and paprika and stir until well blended.
3. Gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth consistency sauce, free of any lumps.
4. Cook sauce on low flame, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
5. Stir in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and crab meat.
6. Place the pan over a double boiler to keep the stew warm until serving time, stirring occasionally.
7. Just before serving, stir in the sherry.
8. Ladle the crab stew into deep dish soup plates.
9. Serve accompanied with segments of lemon.
10. Enjoy with hot buttered toast or bread rolls if you like