- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Quesadillas Recipe
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Safflower oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and finely diced|
|Crab meat||1 Pound, washed (Lump)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Monterey jack cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 457 Calories from Fat 237
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 40.1 mg
Sodium 634.5 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 19 g37.7%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted.
2) Remove the oil mixture in a small cup leaving 2 tablespoons in pan and set aside.
3) Heat the same saucepan with remaining oil mixture, sauté garlic and onion over medium heat 2 minutes until translucent.
4) Take the pan away from heat and stir in jalapenos, crab meat, mayonnaise, salt, and cilantro.
5) Stir well until mixed and set aside.
6) In a heated nonstick pan, place 1 tortilla in the skillet, turning until soft.
7) Remove the tortilla from pan.
8) Put the tortilla over clean board.
9) Place one spoonful of crab mixture over half the tortilla; top with cheese and fold over.
10) Brush generously with reserved oil mixture on both sides of tortilla.
11) Repeat the same until all quesadillas are made.
12) In a nonstick pan, saute 2 quesadillas at a time until golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes.
13) Cut each into 3 triangles or, quesadillas may be grilled 5 minutes on each side for a smokier taste.
14) Serve hot on flat plate with small mixed salad if desired.