- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Meat Newburg Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Cooked flaked crab meat||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Pastry petal cups||5|
Calories 1586 Calories from Fat 355
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.3%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g120.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.7 mg
Sodium 262.6 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 111 g37.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 30 g59.6%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 450 degrees.
2) In a skillet, melt the butter and blend in the flour.
3) Add the entire cream at once and cook the mixture, constantly stirring, till the sauce is thick and starts to bubble.
4) Add a small amount of the hot mixture to the egg yolks, mix and return to the hot mixture in the skillet.
5) Add the crab meat and heat it thoroughly.
6) Add the lemon juice, wine and salt, and sprinkle paprika all over.
7) To make the pastry petal cups, make the plain pastry first, or use piecrust mix.
8) Roll the pastry to 1/8-inch thick and cut into two ¼-inch rounds.
9) Place on round in the bottom of each of the 5 muffin cups and overlap 4 rounds on the sides. Press together.
10) Use a fork to prick the bottoms and sides of the pastry and bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
11) Allow the cups to cool.
12) Stuff the prepared crab meat into the baked cups and serve hot.