- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Louis With Cucumber Recipe
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Heavy cream||6 Tablespoon, whipped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Stuffed olives/Ripe pitted olive||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked crabmeat||2 Cup (32 tbs), flaked|
|Cucumber||1 Large, unpeeled, thinly sliced|
|Lettuce leaves||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (1 Small Bunch)|
|Chopped chives||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 482 Calories from Fat 395
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.7%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.7 mg
Sodium 1203.8 mg50.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 16 g31.6%
Vitamin A 38.1% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 8% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce.
2. Beat lightly but thoroughly until well blended.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 to 2 hours, before serving.
4. Just before serving, add flaked crab-meat to the sauce and mix gently.
5. On 6 individual plates neatly arrange cucumber slices on the outer edge, slightly overlapping them.
6. Place a lettuce leaf in the center.
7. Spoon the crab salad onto the lettuce
8. Garnished salad with chopped chives and serve immediately.