- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Crab Louis With Heavy Cream Recipe
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), whipped|
|Chili sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Head of lettuce||1 Large|
|Cooked crab meat/Two 6 1/2 ounce cans, chilled||3 Cup (48 tbs), chilled|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, cut into wedges|
|Hard cooked eggs||2 , cut in wedges|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2468 Calories from Fat 1895
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324.8%
Saturated Fat 34 g170.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 722.8 mg
Sodium 1515.8 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 16.7 g66.7%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 100 g199.7%
Vitamin A 926.8% Vitamin C 349.7%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 45.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare the Louis dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, whipped cream, green pepper, green onion, lemon juice and the chili sauce.
2. Season the sauce to taste and set aside to chill.
3. This will make about two cups of dressing.
4. Prepare four individual serving plates by covering them with four lettuce leaves
5. Shred the remaining lettuce leaves and set aside.
6. Clean the crab by removing bits of the shell and collecting the crab meat. Set aside the meat from the claws. Leave the rest of the meat in lumps
7. Heap the meat on top of the lettuce leaves.
8. Arrange the meat in the center and circle with the wedges of tomato and egg
9. Sprinkle with salt.
10. Just before serving, pour 1/4 cup Louis Dressing over the salad and then mix well.
11. Sprinkle with paprika and salt if required
12. Top with the claw meat and serve cold.
13. Pass the additional dressing at the table.